1. Is there wine at the Maryland Microbrewery Festival?
No. Unfortunately the licensing for the event only allows beer, not wine.
2. Can we bring wine into the Festival?
No. No alcoholic beverages can be brought into the festival.
3. Can we bring coolers into the Festival?
No. No coolers or backpacks are allowed. Handbags and purses are allowed, however.
4. Can we bring umbrellas or chairs?
Yes, you can, but please be aware we have to inspect all containers that accompany such items to ensure that no alcohol is brought into the Festival.
5. What do I get with my ticket?
For the beer sampling entrance price, you get a beer sampling mug, six sampling tokens, entrance to the festival, live entertainment and free parking. Extra tokens are available for purchase.
6. Are the House and Mill open for tours on the day of the Festival?
No, the historic House and Mill are not open during the Festival. The Homestead is open normal hours the next day, Sunday, September 27, however.
7. I paid online but did not receive a ticket. When will I get my tickets?
When you pay online, you will receive an email as a receipt. Your printed receipt is your ticket. Bring this receipt and proof of ID with you to the Festival.
8. Are dogs allowed at the Festival?
Because the Microbrewery Festival does draw large crowds, dogs are discouraged. Well-behaved dogs are permitted, however. Any dogs brought into the Festival must be on a leash at all times. Dog waste must be disposed of properly and immediately. Dogs that bark persistently or exhibit aggressive behavior will be expelled from the Festival. Festival Management reserves the right to expel any animal. Owner assumes all risk and liability should injury occur and will be requested to sign an agreement to that effect.
9. What happens if it rains?
The Maryland Microbrewery Festival is held rain or shine.
10. Where is parking for the Festival?
There is parking onsite. There is also off-site parking at the Carroll County Dept. of Social Services lot, at 1232 Tech Court, Westminster, MD 21157, near the airport. You are encouraged to park at the Tech Court lot and use the free shuttle to the Festival. The shuttle runs continuously all day, from 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.